Module Two - A New Beginning

 


Ahhhh - it's good to be back! Welcome to those whose journey on this MAPP is just beginning and a big hello and virtual hug to those returning.  

I've had a rather transformative 3 months of which I won't bore you with the details but I'm feeling more like myself than I have in a very long time. Heading into Module Two of this Masters I feel nothing but excitement... perhaps with a pinch of panic (which I don't think is uncommon)?! 

I've spent the summer engaging in literature as well as some online CPD with scholars in the field of somatic studies. Throughout Module One, as I focused so deeply on my AOL's and reflecting on my professional practice I wanted to take this summer to consider and begin to contextualise my possible area of inquiry for my Project Proposal by revisiting each essay.

For those just starting, I found the process of writing my AOL's incredibly therapeutic - it helped me re-surface areas of inquiry that I care so deeply for and effectively helped draw on my personal and professional experiences as well as philosophies toward a progressive approach to dance healthcare. 

Within my claim for prior learning, I reflected on the major events that have influenced my professional practice over the past ten years. I discussed the methods I undertood to achieve a high standard of healthcare in both a dance setting and within my private practice with non-performers. The process of reflection helped me to identify and understand the methods I have implemented into my professional practice and evaluate their effectiveness. Furthermore, it allowed me to make sense of my development and helped me to define my values as a healthcare practitioner. 

As a member of the Physical Support Team at London Contemporary Dance School and as the Healthcare Co-ordinator for the Royal Ballet, I am committed to helping my clients overcome their injuries, not just through a hands-on approach, but using effective communication and I am keen to continue to explore and improve my practice through responsible risk taking that challenges the boundaries of my work this term.  

My current interest lies in that of the body-mind connection and the importance of the introduction of body-mind work within the field of dance both at a pre-professional and elite setting...  I hope you'll join me in this space, as I begin to navigate my way through this new beginning! I hope for this blog to be an exciting place us to discuss, consider and review any questions or thoughts I/we have over the coming year regarding my considerations and findings through research!







Comments

Popular Posts